Ridesharing is common nowadays and there are a lot of companies who are now offering this kind of service. Many have created Lyft vs Uber comparison to help others know which one to choose in case they are in need of a ride sharing service. Comparisons are also made to encourage drivers to become a member for a specific company.
The ridesharing companies thrive in the community because of the presence of the drivers as well as the passengers. It is important that both of them get along well with each other so that they can rate each other and give each one a high score. If you want to make sure you don’t receive bad ratings as a passenger, here are some of the things you should avoid doing.
1. Not giving a five-star rating even if nothing wrong happened during the ride experience – Some people reserve their five star rating to rides that they really enjoy but this shouldn’t be the case in ride sharing. If nothing goes wrong and your ride is perfectly fine then you should give the five star rating to your driver. If you don’t the companies will think that something wrong happened and a low star rating would cause them to lose their job. Drivers must maintain a high average rating and not having a perfect score could really jeopardize their career.
2. No tips – Of course tipping is dependent on the passenger but drivers really appreciate it if you give them a tip. Although Uber doesn’t allow tipping the taxi drivers through their app, you can still tip them using other ways.
3. Making them wait for you – When you book your car, make sure that you are really ready to go when it arrives. Drivers don’t want to wait for you because they could have used that time to travel and get you to your destination earlier then they can look for more passengers. It is just proper for you to be on time.
4. Last minute cancellation – Once the drivers receive your request, they will start driving to your direction and they would already miss other passengers near you or in the opposite direction.
5. Your music is too loud – The car’s stereo isn’t the only way to listen to your favorite music nowadays. Your phone can be your source of music and having it on too loud can disturb them and make them irritable. You should also ask permission if you want to touch their stereos because the car isn’t yours.
6. Spillage in the car – Whatever it is that you spill in the car; you should be able to clean it up. It would be best if you don’t eat or drink in the car to prevent this from happening. Think about your own car, you wouldn’t want someone else dirtying or spilling up inside your vehicle even if they pay you for the fare. The car is the driver’s personal property and you should respect that too.